Friday, February 08, 2008

I have for five years now claimed the title "Pendragon," a name shrouded in glory as the moniker of the great King Arthur. I have for some time been uncomfortable making it synonomous with politics. It seems to cheapen it. And with John McCain having all but wrapped up the Republican nomination for President, I am less inclined to give my support to one party or the other. McCain's positions aren't far enough from Hillary's to make the choice clear-cut. Whether I would actually vote for Hillary is not certain at this early point but so far I find myself in agreement with Ann Coulter's advice to conservatives: Write in a real conservative and if it's close, vote Democrat. With the economy seemingly about to tank, and the fiscal policies of McCain and Hillary practically identical, we might as well give up the fight now to win against President Hillary in 2012 when everyone is thoroughly disenchanted. It's easier to be the opposition when you're not opposing your own party. I will not campaign for Hillary Clinton or support her verbally but I am suspending the political nature of this blog. The Pendragon will restrict myself to things that matter: deeper issues of culture and history that transcend political distinctions. Hopefully it will be a way to get some self-respect back. I am, for the first time in my life, ashamed to be a Republican.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?