Monday, February 05, 2007

President's Month is always fun for the Pendragon as it includes my annual re-ranking of the Presidents based on what I have learned of them in the previous year. This year, I even included year-long president Zachary Taylor in the Top Ten because my reading of Ante-Bellum history has shown me that almost exclusively of the presidents between Jackson and Lincoln, Taylor tried to take a strong stand against the divisive issues of his day. And to forestall objections (mainly from my brother), my higher ranking of Clinton this year has less to do with more regard for him as a president (something that will never happen) and more for my growing revulsion for those I this year ranked below him. FDR may rise in next year's ranking now that I'm doing extensive research into the New Deal. William Henry Harrison is still excluded because a month is just too short a time to get a feel for a person's presidency. Feel free to discuss this ranking with me. I love a challenge!

1. George Washington
2. James Madison
3. Abraham Lincoln
4. Theodore Roosevelt
5. James Monroe
6. Andrew Jackson
7. Thomas Jefferson
8. Ronald Reagan
9. Woodrow Wilson
10. Zachary Taylor
11. William McKinley
12. Dwight D. Eisenhower
13. John Adams
14. Harry S. Truman
15. George W. Bush
16. FDR
17. JFK
18. James K. Polk
19. Martin Van Buren
20. Grover Cleveland
21. U.S. Grant
22. Chester A. Arthur
23. Richard Nixon
24. George H.W. Bush
25. Gerald R. Ford
26. Calvin Coolidge
27. John Quincy Adams
28. William Howard Taft
29. LBJ
30. Bill Clinton
31. James Garfield
32. Rutherford B. Hayes
33. Herbert Hoover
34. Benjamin Harrison
35. John Tyler
36. Franklin Pierce
37. Millard Fillmore
38. Andrew Johnson
39. Jimmy Carter
40. Warren G. Harding
41. James Buchanan

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?