Wednesday, January 31, 2007



I have refrained from talking about the Super Bowl because it was hard to pick a winner, either for the sake of prediction or for the sake of both my undying loyalty to the National Football Conference and my growing loyalty to the Manning family. The Indianapolis Colts have a high-powered offense and decent defense but their offense has struggled off late, given that its success is entirely dependent on Peyton Manning and he is only one man. The Bears offense is mediocre at best, but they make up for it with a stunning defense and very talented special teams. This matchup increasingly reminds me of the Tampa Bay/Oakland matchup of four years ago which pitted the top defense against the top offense and the former team won crushingly, 48-21. Look for more of the same here. I pick Chicago over Indianapolis 34-17. Go, Bears!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?