Monday, June 12, 2006

In Greenfield, MA this past week for the wedding of my best friend, the Pendragon was unfortunately absent from a computer when the biggest breakthrough in the war on terror in months occurred. I speak of course of the killing of Iraqi terrorist al-Zarqawi. This is only good news. Democrats will of course immediately predict the success of the war and when the insurgency does not stop will say Bush has let the country down. This is what they have been saying for three years and it hasn't gotten them a thing. Even the average American understands that Bush cannot be held accountable for not fulfilling promises his political enemies have made.

Yet even amid the deserved rejoicing at the death of the monster, irritation creeps back in. The father of beheaded contractor Nick Berg announced that Zarqawi should not have been killed but captured and made to work in a hospital for "maimed children." This would have miraculously transformed him into a better person and now that's not possible. My real answer contains several words and names I would not like to have traced to me, so I'll go with the abridged version. How stupid is this guy? A lady who lost her journalist-husband in Iraq to the same group was unwilling to speak ill of Mr. Berg but she noted, "If I was told, 'Behind that door are the men who killed your husband, and you can lock it and forgive them or go in there and wreak what vengeance you want,' I'll give you two guesses which I would choose and to be fair, the first one won't count." Amen and amen. Putting a child-murderer in charge of injured children is not the way to solve the problem. Let's put child molesters in charge of orphanages. Zarqawi deserved everything he got...actually much more. I would have been happier with a slower, more painful death. But I'll take what I can get. The war on terror is progressing. Terrorism will not stand.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?