Monday, May 29, 2006

Twenty-three years ago, in 1983, Lee Greenwood took a look at America--seemingly divided and in the midst of economic woes and penned some immortal words to give tribute to the fact that this is still the best country in the world to live in and thanking our men and women in uniform for their courage and sacrifice. It is still true today:

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I'd worked for all my life;
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife,
I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today
'Cause our flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away:
And I'm proud to be an American
'Cause at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
To give that right to me
And I gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land:
God bless the USA!
From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea;
From Detroit, down to Houston, and New York to LA
There's pride in every American heart and it's time we stand and say:
God bless the USA!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?