Wednesday, April 26, 2006

As per my last entry, I actually find the Bull Moose to offer some insightful advice. The Pendragon drives a 2003 Hyundai Elantra which can go about eight to nine hours on one tank of gas. Pretty decent. But there is some truth to the criticism that Americans are too infatuated with huge, gas-guzzlers. Bush for one has never denied it. That's what "addicted to oil" means. It would be better all around, I think, if Americans tried to drive cars that conserved gas and realized that everything has a limit, even gas reserves. I don't know whether I agree with the Moose that a tax on oil is the way to go, but who knows? My main concern, however, remains unaddressed. We need to find alternative sources of energy not just to drive our cars but to heat our homes and run our power plants. Until that happens we will be dependent on a very limited supply of oil and coal and run the risk of very high prices.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?