Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My unofficial fact-checker has informed me that Harriet Miers supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Primary not the 2000 election as my earlier post suggested. The NYT claimed this morning that she had a conversion to evangelical Christianity from Catholicism several years ago and this coincided, or brought about, her switch from Democratic to Republican politics. That's all as may be and certainly people can change over time. I'm just worried that Bush is losing his taste for a fight and so he's taking the coward's way out on every issue and I wonder what that means for the rest of his agenda. Nevertheless, in the end, I have to make my bow and support the President. His no-names tend to be better choices than his famous people so hopefully this will hold out for the Court as well. God help us all if it doesn't.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?