Saturday, September 24, 2005

Well, the news and its interpretations make me furious but sometimes I like to take a break from politics and focus on one of my other passions: football, particularly New York Giants football. I must say I am very impressed by the effort the team is putting forth this year, going 2-0 with two very convincing margins of victory. Now granted, the Cardinals and the Saints are not the league's best teams by any means and the pathetic showing last year ensures that the Giants have a mostly soft schedule. But I am impressed because normally the Giants edge out the really powerful teams and lose to the easy ones. Now that they are beating the easy ones and I predict a good showing against an 0-2 San Diego on Sunday, I have hope that their record will be better and they will be so used to winning, they may even be able to top teams like the Falcons and Rams later on in the year. Go, Giants!

And now, completely unqualified, my predictions for Week 3 of the NFL:
Falcons @ Bills: Falcons by 10. The Bills are good but the Falcons are probably the best team in the NFC right now.
Panthers @ Dolphins: Panthers by 3. Miami just isn't cutting it this season.
Bengals @ Bears: Bears by 1. I'm going with the hometeam although the Bengals have had a superb start.
Browns @ Colts: Colts by at least 7. This one's a no-brainer.
Jaguars @ Jets: Jaguars by 2. Jets are choking. I hope I'm wrong.
Saints @ Vikings: Saints by 7. The Vikings really are struggling.
Raiders @ Eagles: Eagles by 21. Another no-brainer.
Buccaneers @ Packers: Bucs by 7.
Titans @ Rams: I'll go with the Titans by 1.
Cardinals @ Seahawks: Cardinals stink. Seahawks by 7.
Cowboys @ 49ers: 49ers by 3. The first time ever I'll be cheering for San Fran.
Patriots @ Steelers: Pittsburgh will be this year's AFC champion I think. Steelers by 6.
Giants @ Chargers: Close game but I call the Giants by at least 3.
Chiefs @ Broncos: Kansas City is the only AFC team that will challenge Pittsburgh's superiority this season. Chiefs by 14.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?