Monday, July 25, 2005

I don't like disagreeing with fellow Conservatives, mostly because of the Leftist myth that the Democratic Party is one big happy family, but I feel I need to today. Ann Coulter, for whom I personally have the greatest respect, has run a column declaring that Conservatives should be worried that Bush has nominated "a nobody" for Supreme Court Justice and that NARAL and the ACLU also attacked O'Connor, Kennedy and Souter when they were nominated and now these three tend to be very staunch friends of abortion rights and judicial activism. I don't know what she expected exactly--Roy Moore? But I think in this instance we ought to trust the President. His "nobodies" have turned out a lot better than his more well-known choices. I'd never heard of Dick Cheney before he was chosen to be Vice-President. How about Condi Rice? Who knew her name prior to her appointment as National Security Advisor? The most famous and well-known member of his cabinet originally was Colin Powell. So I think Bush has earned the trust of Conservatives on his appointment ability, even when he is appointing people we are not quite as familiar with as others. I still stand behind Judge Roberts.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?