Saturday, July 09, 2005

I am thoroughly disgusted. After all my defending Nike against left-wing lunatics in Europe who were upset because Third World employees didn't have five weeks of vacation every year, they had to go and endorse gay civil unions. Now, I have to be one of the lunatics attacking them. This is really getting ridiculous. It's not even good business. Nike has already offended the European market, who now believe it's a sign of moral superiority, along the lines of preferring Italian pizza to New York-style, not to buy Nike because of the "bad conditions" for Vietnamese workers who otherwise would be able to be sitting in mud huts in the rain while liberals taped a "look-how-bad-the-West-is" National Geographic show. Now they will offend Americans. I'm not quite sure where they are planning on selling their shoes from now on. At any rate, I encourage anyone interested to visit this link to write a letter to Nike condemning their new pro-gay marriage policy. I also encourage you all: use the link by all means but write your own email. AFA is kind of extreme on their wording.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?