Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I suppose I probably should comment on the Michael Jackson acquittal. I haven't really been following it so I don't know what kind of evidence was presented and I do know the Michael Jackson is a dirt bag and has been credibly accused before of molesting children. Nevertheless, it seems to me that the current accuser was probably lying, or even if not, that so much stupidity had been done to set the kid up for molestation. The accuser's mother practically pleaded stupidity when she singled out the only Hispanic on the jury and winked at him, saying, "You know how our culture is," apparently trying to justify why she would allow, or even volunteer, her children to sleep in the same bed with someone who had been credibly accused of molestation before and who is known to be bi-sexual at the least. But I'm a minority, I'm too stupid to think of that. Oh, and before anyone gets huffy I'm not saying that, she was saying that. The Hispanic juror wasn't impressed. It seems to me that either this family was just after the fame and money or the incident really did occur but they should be the ones penalized. What kind of parents open their kids up to this possibility? It doesn't matter who it is--Michael Jackson just seems to be an extreme case--parents should not be sending their kids over to a single (sort of) pop star's house, especially when he has a reputation of being shady. And certainly not sleeping in the same bed with him! I don't know whether he is guilty or not, I think perhaps not this time, but I really hope parents stop assuming everything's going to be all right. Of course, the parents of Michael's current accuser probably just figured, "Oh well. If he gets molested, we'll get court fees."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?