Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sometimes, much as I love the Yankees, I am ashamed of my home state. Particularly our politicians. Congressman Charles Rangel (Idiot--NY) told "Hardball's" Chris Matthews the other day that Jesus' message was: Rich people are going to hell. Even Matthews was not hardboiled enough for that! Rangel interpreted Jesus' words concerning service on earth ("I was hungry and you did not feed me....") as referring to Social Security and food stamps. One has to admire the creativity of liberals. It reminds me of when Al Gore said God was displeased with Cain not because he murdered his brother but because Abel's blood polluted the ground and God hates pollution. One might mistake their creative license for intelligence if it wasn't so patently absurd. Did Jesus say rich people would find it hard to enter Heaven? Yes, He did. But then when His disciples asked him how anyone could be saved, He replied, "All things are possible with God." Even saving the rich people. And what's more, if all rich people get sent to Hell, conservatives are still all right anyway. THE LIBERALS ARE THE RICH PEOPLE!!! Don't give me any of this junk about poor, working class liberals--they don't exist. Liberals in this country, with very few exceptions, are composed of the very wealthy and the very poor. If rich people go to hell, then it will be populated with those I expect to be there anyway--Ted Kennedy, George Soros, John Kerry. The rich people the liberals rant about, by and large, are the people doing exactly what Jesus said to do: feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, taking care of those who are needy. John Kerry is not doing that. George Soros is not doing that. Ted Kennedy drowns people but he certainly doesn't help the poor, unless by removing unwanted children after he commits adultery with them. Rush Limbaugh also raised a good point, when he said, and I quote: "What else is wrong with this is very simple. The idea that the Catholic church or the United States of America is not feeding people, is not clothing people, and is not giving people water? Wwho was it that just stood by and let a woman starve or let a woman die of dehydration, folks? Among us, what was the group of people that was doing everything they could to make sure that woman was not given food and water? Don't give me that food stamp jazz and don't give me Social Security jazz. I don't want to hear it -- and he goes on television last night and says that Jesus wants the rich to go to hell because they don't care about Social Security and all this? I'm telling you, these people are at a full-fledged panic out there" (Rush Limbaugh). I've said it before and I think I'll say it again because I never mind saying things over: if I wasn't afraid they'd actually somehow get in charge of the country, I wouldn't mind having liberals around. In fact it's kind of fun listening to them try to come up with intellectual justification for whatever their latest rage is. Projecting their own hatred of an entire class of people onto the loving Son of God is fairly typical. Read their news outlets if you get a chance. The opportunities for laughing are boundless.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?