Saturday, April 02, 2005

And so another great man passes on into eternity. For any of you who live in a cave, and/or Houghton, John Paul II, the Pope, died today around 3:17 PM (ET). I offer my condolences to the Catholic Church. It's uncanny how many of our great men are dying. Seems to generally be the case. Now with wastes of skin like...but I digress. Pope John Paul II stood firmly for what he believed was right, stared down Nazism and communism, and led the Catholic Church into a new explosion of prominence worldwide, most noticeably outside the traditional areas. Obviously I am not Catholic, do not believe he was infallible, and have several other issues with him. But he was, as far as I can tell, a great man of God who stood for the truth of God's Word against a rising tide of enlightenment thinking in this world. I have nothing but respect for him and for what he accomplished in this world's realm. Rest in peace, Your Holiness. I can only hope and pray that your successor will be as great a man as you were.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?