Saturday, February 12, 2005

The following is completely against my principles, but I felt it necessary. I promise I won't do it much.

Last year around this time I wrote a very bitter diatribe against the February Holiday. At the time I was a bitter young single and I admitted it. My AIM away message declared, "I hate Valentines Day. I know nobody likes me. Why do we need to have a holiday to emphasize it?" I still remember that feeling and so I can relate to those who feel that way today.

But I myself no longer feel that way. I knew it would happen if I ever did find the Right Person. And I did and it has. When you meet the right person, though, every day is Valentines Day. You don't need some sappy holiday in the middle of February to tell you to start feeling romantic. You already do. When you see that person coming, or when you hear her voice over the phone and it sounds excited to hear from you, your heart begins to beat and your hands to get sweaty just like they did on your first date. A smile from that one person can brighten an otherwise lousy day. To see them sad or hurting can ruin an otherwise great day. This one person has the power to make you tremendously happy or tremendously sad. It's a huge risk, like all relationships but it is well worth taking, especially when it works out. So, this year, on Valentines Day, I am no longer so bitter, because I know that one person likes me, loves me in fact, and always will. And I will always love her as well. Happy Valentines Day, Gillian. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?