Tuesday, May 18, 2004

"This is it," (Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves) responded. "It's for all the marbles. I'm sitting in the house loading up the pump, I'm loading up the Uzis, I've got a couple of M-16s, couple of nines, couple of joints with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I'm ready for war."

And for this he was made to apologize. "I'm a young man," he said, "and I was totally thinking about basketball not reality."

Give me a break. In an era where Democratic lawmakers openly attack men and women in uniform and those who seek to lead them, a basketball player is called on the carpet for using military language. How feminized are we? Now if he had been pretending, like Ted Kennedy, that he was just as useful to the country as the soldiers, that would be offensive and inappropriate. But sports is competitive and so is war. That's why liberals can't stand either. If it were up to them, the most vicious contact sport would be making daisy chains with the Arabs.

You know, just for this, I'm rooting for the Timberwolves from now on.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?