Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Robert E. Lee once said, "History teaches us to hope." That it does. I've been watching a documentary on Ronald Reagan the past few days. In 1983 (which I don't remember because that was the year I was born), Reagan was dealing with plummeting numbers and massive protests. Nobody would guess that in 1984, just one short year later, he would win a 49-state landslide. Today George W. Bush has higher approval ratings than the mid-40s that Reagan was dealing with, but he also has many of the same problems: short-sighted liberals and Europeans claiming he can never do it. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Kerry may find himself like Mondale--carrying only his home state. I hope he does. I think he will.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?