Monday, March 01, 2004

Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly
While the nearer waters roll, while the tempests still are nigh;
Hide me, O my Savior, hide, till the storm of life is past,
Safe into the haven guide, O receive my soul at last!

Other refuge have I none; hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah, leave me not alone; Still support and comfort me;
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want: More than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick and lead the blind:
Just and holy is Thy Name; I am all unrighteousness--
False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found, Grace to cover all my sins--
Let the healing streams abound, make and keep me pure within:
Thou of life the fountain art, freely let me drink of Thee--
Spring Thou up within my heart, rise to all eternity.


--Charles Wesley.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?