Tuesday, December 23, 2003

You can say all you want about football not being important and you are probably right, but as an avid football fan, I must say the story that played out in Green Bay this past weekend has to be one of the most heartwarming I have read in sports for a long time. Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre, having suffered the loss of his father on Sunday, took the field on Monday night and threw for 399 yards and 4 TDs en route to a 41-7 rout of the Oakland Raiders. Favre said, "I know he was watching tonight." I'm sure he was, and I am sure he's very proud. You can say what you want about athletes who should have not played in such a situation, and I don't care. I thank Brett Favre for his courage and ability. He certainly did us all proud last night (this coming from a non-Packers fan) and though he will certainly never see this: My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. May the God who gave you the ability to surpass even yourself last night also give you the ability to rise above the grief and may the peace that passes all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?