Thursday, October 23, 2003

This is how tired I have been lately: I'm sitting in Executive Power and the Presidency talking to a fellow history major about our respective backgrounds (I'm both Polish and German). Dr. Meilaender walks in at the tail end and wants to know what we're talking about. We told him and then speculated about how you get Polish and German together, since they're usually fighting. I mention without thinking that the German never married the Pole really, it was two different families. I meant in the old country, but Dr. Meilaender just gives me a shocked look and says, "Well, I hope they got married at some point." I tried to explain but it just wasn't working, so Dr. Meilaender just says, "Well, you know what we can say now when discussion gets heated in class: ADAM, YOU BASTARD!" I've always liked his sense of humor. :-P But I think I'd better not talk if I'm tired around him.

If you didn't know or can't tell, I am a history major minoring in political science and I definitely have opinions. Ask Dr. Meilaender. Much of this blog is likely to be my take on politics and the state of the world. I may be a historian but at heart I'm still a social reformer, wanting to change the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?