Sunday, October 26, 2003

"Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors....." The Lord's Prayer.

I was just a child when I felt the Savior leading;
I was drawn to what I could not understand
And for the cause of Christ I've lived my days believing
That what He'd have me be is who I am.
As I've come to see the weaker side of me
I've realized His grace is what I need.
When sin demanded justice for my soul
Mercy said, "No! I'm not going to let you go.
"I'm not going to let you slip away. You don't have to be afraid."
Life and death stood face to face and darkness tried to steal my heart away.
But thank You, Jesus: Mercy said, "No!"
--Greg Long

We had a great sermon on this in church this morning. What a relief to know that God forgives us and longs to forgive us. What a mess we'd be in otherwise.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?